On 3/20/2020 8:49 PM, peterwawood via use-livecode wrote:
PaulI wrote a simple function to guess the encoding of a file but in Rebol not
LiveCode. I'm not sure how it compares with your current function in terms of
accuracy. It is being used by a company which does a lot of text processing.
(Though I don't know if that is a good reccomendation or not). The method I
used is explained in the brief documentation
-http://www.rebol.org/documentation.r?script=str-enc-utils.r]. The rules could
be used to create a LiveCode function.PeterPS Sorry for top posting, I'm
replying from a mobile app.
Peter,

Thank you. While I would have loved to see this as a LC script for comparison to my own routine, this is the sort of replies I was looking for. Other routines I could compare mine to for seeking possible improvements in my own code.