I'm under the gun and as with any new program the number of options and their
interactions are difficult to comprehend. I've tried a few combinations with
limited success. Any help would be appreciated.

I need to extract from a .tar.gz archive at the command line using "tar" as
follows:
1) Extract the files from a specific folder in the archive into another folder
with no recursion keeping the security levels and have the files owned by the
destination folder.
2) Same as 1 but to recurs n times.

Thanks

Ralph DiMola