Dan Brown wrote:

> Definitely not a startup, they employ 700 developers in China.

True, "startup" was a bad word choice on my part. I was grasping for a word that distinguishes them from The Big Five that currently control nearly everything on the Internet.

In a system as vast and important as the net, it benefits all of humanity to have its control broader than the number of people who can fit in a golf cart.

> In fact your data is passing through China, and being passed on to
> facebook also.

I had heard about the FB thing, but had thought that was opt-in. If not requiring explicit opt-in, I don't think the word "evil" is entirely out of bounds. Psychosocial profiling derived from mass data collection is something we should all be wary of.

> https://jitsi.org/ is a great open source Zoom alternative

Excellent - thanks! I'll look it up and see what it takes to set up a VPS with it.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems