Just brainstorming, you would have to intercept mouseMove and then have a
tolerance of points to your grid. Say three points. Assuming your grid starts
at the top left of the window, you would div the top of the object with the
vertical grid width, check for tolerance above and below, then set the object’s
top to the nearest gridline. You will also need to set the mouseLoc by the same
amount, or else capture the mouseLoc on mouseDown, record the distance from the
top left of the object, then after setting the top left of the object, opined
the mouseLoc to the object again. Do the same with left, and also with bottom
and right if need be.

Bob S