It seems I'm running into obstacles at every turn. A scripted file path to set an image reference will not work unless it is relative.

This fails:
specialFolderPath("resources") & "/folder/file"

It has to be "folder/file". The property inspector truncates it automatically if you use its file picker. Why? Now I have to write a handler to do the truncation?

I'm using dp3 because I need the fixes, but there's a whole lot wrong and I'm on a very short deadline.