As of LC 9.6.0 (dp4) there is support for detecting whether the system is in
dark or light mode and also a message that signals when the display mode
changes. This works well and we have successfully added dark mode support to
our iOS app. However, there appears to be no support for adding a light & dark
mode startup screen. So when the app launches in dark mode it will displays the
bright light mode start up screen. Different dark and light mode startup
screens are supported by Xcode’s storyboards, which will soon be mandated by
Apple as the only way to support iOS launch screens. Any idea when this support
might be available? We were hoping to release an update to our iOS app
implementing dark mode, as this is a much requested feature, but are now
blocked by the startup screen issue.

Thanks,

Henry