If "post... to url" and "put URL..."  would work, then it should work with
HTLM5.

But currently only load URL is supported.

But to be true, i am not sure about "load URL.."
I´ve used load URL only for downloading files in the past.  I am not sure if
the command can also be used with parameters in the URL. But why shouldn't it
work.

I´ve did a quick test today without parameters in the URL  to just load an URL
and display the returned data in a field.

This script

local tMyURL

on mouseup

put "start" into fld 1

put "https://www.google.com <https://www.google.com/>" into tMyUrl

load URL tMyUrl with message "myUrlDownloadFinished"

END MOUSEUP

on myUrlDownloadFinished

answer "Download Complete" &return &return &the cachedURLS with "Okay"

set the text of fld 1 to url tMyURL

end myUrlDownloadFinished

worked in the IDE, but not in HTML5. While "start" was displayed in field 1,
the returned data of the cached URL wasn't.

But maybe i am missing something.

Matthias

-