Very sincere thanks to all who replied - I will explore all your solutions and
insights.

If I get that far (to make an acceptable version of my app bundle) I will also
have to solve a number of errors that the Loader reported. For instance:

> The Key UIUUserInterfaceStyle … in the Payload/Myapp.appinfo.plist is invalid

Difficult, as I don’t know what that means.

I can cope with the requirement for different PNG files of certain precise
sizes not mentioned in the LC Standalone Settings, e.g.

> The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '76x76' pixels,
> in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0. To support older operating systems,
> the icon may be required in the bundle outside of an asset catalog. Make sure
> the Info.plist file includes appropriate entries referencing the file.

but the references to where they should be placed mean nothing to me. Here’s
another one:

> ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an
> app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png format for iOS
> versions >= 7.0. To support older operating systems, the icon may be required
> in the bundle outside of an asset catalog. Make sure the Info.plist file
> includes appropriate entries referencing the file.

I had hoped that LC would look after the positioning of all this stuff for me -
I believe I supplied all the PNGs that the LC Settings asked for, but of course
I will check.

The Xcode documentation of course assumes that one’s app is a project within
the XCode universe,which AFAIK doesn’t apply to LC projects, so it’s not much
help, at least not to me.

Is there a way out of this confusion?

Graham