On 5/31/20 2:39 AM, Terence Heaford via use-livecode wrote:
I thought LC supported HTML Colour Names?

I have been using the Colour Name Groups found here

https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_groups.asp
<https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_groups.asp>

and found that some of the colours do not work in LC.

For example “Crimson” reports an error in LC.

Can someone explain this anomaly please.

"the colornames" will give you a sorted list of the available colors.

The colors are the standardized X11 color names from the X.org source code.
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/rgb/raw/master/rgb.txt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X11_color_names

--
 Mark Wieder