From: Dan Friedman [mailto:d...@clearvisiontech.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 7:54 PM
To: How to use LiveCode
Cc: Ralph DiMola
Subject: Re: Mobile Keyboard

Ralph,

I had this same issue on a project.  The problem is when the card/stack opens,
LiveCode want to activate the first typable field it finds.  If my old memory
is correct, what I did was this:

on preOpenCard
        set the lockText of fld "thisDarnField" to true
end preOpenCard

on openCard
        send "doUnlockTheField" to this card in 1 tick //don't send this until
everything is done loading (you could probably send this in the preOpenCard
too) end openCard

on doUnlockTheField
        set the lockText of fld "thisDarnField" to false end doUnlockTheField

Hope that helps and I hope it works!   I hope my cobweb-ridden brain remembers
this correctly!

-Dan

On 6/23/20, 3:40 PM, "use-livecode on behalf of Ralph DiMola via use-livecode"
<use-livecode-boun...@lists.runrev.com on behalf of
use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:

    I have a card with one focusable input field.
    How can I keep the keyboard from opening until the user taps into the field?

    I tried putting "focus on nothing"s in various places such as preopencard
    and opencard with no success?

    I think this has been discussed before. Was there ever a solution for both
    iOS and Android?

    Thanks

    Ralph DiMola
    IT Director