Bill, try this in the behaviour button script:

on mouseUp
  put the long name of this me into theName  —theName will contain the long
name of the behaviour button.
end mouseUp

put this me into theName - would put the value contained in the text property
of the behaviour button into theName. In standard, default and rectangle
buttons we don’t normally use the text property, but there’s nothing stopping
you from using it if you wish, you just need to populate it first. :)

Paul