From: use-livecode <use-livecode-boun...@lists.runrev.com> On Behalf Of
matthias rebbe via use-livecode
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 11:55 AM
To: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>
Cc: matthias_livecode_150...@m-r-d.de
Subject: Re: Strange behavior between Mysql, MariaDB and SSL.

You are correct.
But as Heriberto wort, it is an inhouse app, i thought using ODBC connector
from Oracle might be better than lowering the security level of the
database.

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code

<use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>:

> Just a heads up, ODBC is a local service, not a network protocol. You have
to create a DSN on the client OS which handles the network communications
for you. So every client that connects will need to have this DSN set up
first. For the experienced, this is no big deal, but for the first time
initiate it can be confusing.

<use-livecode@lists.runrev.com<mailto:use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> Do you mean connecting to MySQL using ODBC instead of the built-in
LiveCode MySQL client?