Another bit of info regarding the length of script where this happens.

I have been going through the project browser trying to open small scripts then
opening those with more and more lines.   I found that a script with 53 lines
opens, a script with 62 lines freezes.

anyway.  Down with this for tonight.  Hope someone has some ideas as to what
might be going on and how to solve it.

Martin