Patterns are drawn from the top left so you'd need to create an image with the same dimensions as the oval with its content already centered. This will only work if the oval never changes its size.

Another way is to place the image behind the oval graphic and group them.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jac...@hyperactivesw.com