-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code

> Am 13.11.2020 um 01:43 schrieb Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>:
>
> It is certainly possible! But depending on the complexity of the xml document
> it may not be easy. I’ve posted before that I attempted to work with an
> exported XML document from a Toshiba Copier’s Templates (scan presets), but
> the document was mindbogglingly complex. One issue I ran into is keys which
> have the same name, so trying to convert the xml to an array failed just on
> that score. Without knowing what the structure of the XML is supposed to be,
> a data dictionary for the XML document as it were, I may as well be reading
> the output of Data’s positronic interface.

the .plist file contains several entry with same names (string and key)

e.g.
<dict>
        <key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
        <string>English</string>
        <key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
        <string>mOTP</string>
        <key>CFBundleName</key>
        <string>mOTP</string>

So it seems that is  then not possible to use the xml library. Anyway i will
read the values using line offset
put line lineoffset("<key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>",tPlist)+1 into ....

which then "returns" the string value of CFBundleDisplayName one line below.
This will work as long as the line with the <string>....</string> value is
directly after the line with the <key>.. values.

Thanks.