Here's another way:

  set the loc of grc "k1" to the loc of this cd
  repeat with x = 2 to 4
    set the topleft of grc ("K" & x) to the topright of grc ("k" & x-1)
    set the left of grc ("k" & x) to the left of grc ("k" & x) - 1
  end repeat

I find it easier to move the graphic one pixel in a second line of script than to mess around with all those "item 1 of ..."s.