It’s more than that. There is so much to RegEx, and the different iterations of
it, that no dictionary could really cover it. If you want to familiarize
yourself with Regex, you really need to visit a tutorial site. Heck, even when
you google how to do something, you will likely get a discussion going as to
why the first solution posted won’t work right for situation x or y, then
someone will contradict that person and before you know it 5 or 6 of the people
who actually KNOW Regex will jump into the fray. You may or may not get a
really good answer.

Bob S