The widget isn’t impacted by lock messages.  I have used it in the past to
switch cards and just checked for the current card to avoid the loop.  That
doesn’t sound like it would work here.  You could use a script local flag
though.  Set sNoAction to true before changing the hilight; in your
hiliteChanged handler exit if sNoAction is true (but probably reset the flag
before exiting).

Sent from my iPhone