Hi list,

This might sound like a dumb question, but I'm scratching my head trying
to find a workaround.
I have this portion of script :
  set numberformat to "#.0000000"
  if myvar = trunc(myvar) then
    get myarray[myvar]
  end if

The problem seems to be that when numberformat is set, both trunc() and round() keep the fractional part of myvar (2.000000); and since the indexes of myarray
are integers (1,2,3,etc), "get myarray[myvar]" always returns empty...
And I need to set numberformat to "#.0000000", because there are some rather complex computations processed with the values in myarray inside a main loop. And for various other reasons I can't use indexes with fractional part in the
array.
Of course, I could use :
  set numberformat to "#.0000000"
  set itemdelimiter to "."
  if myvar = trunc(myvar) then
    get myarray[item 1 of myvar]
  end if
But that's not very elegant and slows down the script a bit...
Any help would be much appreciated.

Best,
jbv