Hi David

Welcome, I think your question is totally appropriate here.

I occasionally have the same problem and I use Roger’s solution below.  You may
already know this but a quick way to open the message box where you need to
type the script to reposition the message box is to use the keyboard shortcut
Mac: command M
Win: alt M

For the last while  the tool bar has been staying nicely in place at the top of
the screen.  Not sure what I did that made it stick again.
One thing to try so It stays permanently in place is in the ‘View’ menu of the
IDE unchecking the ‘Tool bar text', and ‘Tool bar icons’ and then rechecking
them again.

Martin