Correct.  So the current situation requires you to use binfile for Mac/Linux
and file for Windows/Linux to get appropriate line endings.  You can’t do it
just one way, you have to check your OS.  Notice that Linux works both ways.

(You also should encode/decode if using binfile)

In ScriptTracker I use file for import since it handles everything and then let
the user choose method for export (binfile would work fine for GitHub and Atom
even on Windows).  Now that I think about it I could even add a “native” option
that would use file for Windows and binfile otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone