Hi David

If I understand what you want you could use the Segmented Control Widget to get
what you want.

https://livecode.com/livecode-widgets-the-segmented-control/

It just has full ratings, i.e. whole stars however  in a comment to that
tutorial Paul McClernan has a link to a "Five-Star rating system LiveCode
Builder Widget has 10 states (half-stars)"
https://github.com/PaulMcClernan/community.livecode.widget.fivestars

I think this would do what you need.

You would need to install the widget in your IDE to use it.

Martin