Charles,

Thanks very much for your input on my problem with a tsNet error that occurred
when trying to get patent text information from the USPTO web site. I finally
found a way around the issue by using libURLDownloadToFile. That, of course, is
a more crude way to get what I want since my ultimate goal is text which I can
edit or from which I can extract individual pieces of information like inventor
names, patent issue date, etc. Since libURLDownloadToFile creates a file on
disk, I then need to open the file and read the data into a a variable, and
then delete the file (which is no longer needed) before I can get to my real
work. It is extra steps, but at least no tsNet errors like “put URL ____ into
tVariableName” suddenly started giving me!

Regards,

Bruce