On 9/8/21 3:39 PM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode wrote:
On 9/8/21 1:20 PM, Brian Milby via use-livecode wrote:
Ah, the problem with calling things “facts” where the data isn’t actually knowable.  The number of hairs on my head is a fact but not one that can be accurately known.  Kind of like the number of people who watched the Super Bowl.  In that context, true fact makes sense (also “cold hard fact”).  While it should be redundant, it emphasizes that the data being referenced is an actual fact and not an assumed fact.

IMO a fact is true. There are no false facts.
That being said, a fact is true within its domain space.
'Atoms are indivisible' was a fact until it wasn't.
That doesn't make it a false fact, just a false statement.
At the time of a fact's creation/utterance/whatever it's true, otherwise it's
not a fact.

Oh cool. Now we can go back to arguing again.