Jaque wrote

> On 8 Oct 2021, at 7:54 am, use-livecode-requ...@lists.runrev.com wrote:
>
> For me, the confusion would be resolved if the Save button was renamed to
> "Save and Purge". I was never quite sure what that button saved, though in
> retrospect it's pretty obvious.

And ...

if the dialog could inform the user as to the filename of the stack which is
about to be opened, the filename of the stack currently in memory (or “not yet
saved"), and whether the current stack has unsaved changes. This would make it
clearer what the consequences are in each of the options.

It seems to me in Sean’s case the stack being loaded was not the stack one
might expect (ie was it attempting to reload the the original or the renamed
stack?)

Neville