This can be caused by an installed program.

Here for example someone is mentioning that the program BOINC caused that popup
message in his case.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252157812

Do you have Xcode or the command. line tools installed at all? Or is a version
of the command line tools selected that is not installed anymore on your
computer?

In a first step you could open Xcode, open Preferences and under Locations you
could select a version of the installed command line tools.  Does that fix your
problem?

Regards
Matthias