Hi Torsten,

i think the PDF widget does not support extracting text by code. At least the
documentation does not show any information about this.

You wrote, that you have a business license. That would mean, that you can use
the Pro features of Livecode.
There is an external included in the Pro Feature Pack called XPDF. That
external supports extracting text. Have a look at the function XPDFVIEWER_text.

Regards,

Matthias