> Wouldn?t you really need another property like ?iconSizing? which would have
> values of ?none? or ?clip? (current behavior), ?resize? or ?fill? (the
> current iconGravity option), and ?scale? (your proposal)?  I can think of
> situations where clip and scale would need the current positioning afforded
> by the gravity setting.

I think often the best option is “scale to fit” by which I mean scale the image
down to fit the button keeping the same aspect ratio *if* it is too large, but
leave the original image size as is if it will already fit, *do not* upscale,
which can cause pixelation. It is neither the current ”resize”  nor the usual
“scale to fit"