On 2/17/22 10:35, Stamatis Kapetanakis via use-livecode wrote:
I haven’t installed LC on chrombook. But I did install XOJO.

Only it turns out you can’t run XOJO in ChromeOS’ Linux because of missing
dependencies and you don’t have access to install. The solution up to dual-boot
in GalliumOS which is specifically tailored to chromebooks. Easy to find
tutorials  online on how-to.
It was then easy to install the Debian package. I presume all of this holds
true more or less for LC.

Ultimately I gave up on it because chrome hardware is underpowered - it runs
ChromeOS beautifully but the cheap Asus chromebook I have just struggled with
“proper” software. Plus storage is usually very limited on such devices and i
ended up calling it a day on an interesting experiment.

This was 2-3 years ago and perhaps things may have changed. YMMV…
Stam

Granted I know next to nothing about chromebooks, but it appears that root access is possible according to

https://www.howtogeek.com/210817/how-to-enable-developer-mode-on-your-chromebook/

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com