Hi Tim,

does the variable have a user specific value or a value, that changes from time
to time, but is the same for all users?

I've done something some time ago and used a text file on the server which
stored that value. In my case the value was not user specific so it was an easy
task.

If the variable is user specific, why don't you use a  cookies for that? That
will grant that the value is available  at all pages in the same domain.

Regards,
Matthias