On 8/15/2022 7:51 PM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:
On 8/15/2022 7:22 PM, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode wrote:

On 15/08/2022 20:34, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:
So there is an example of sorting in the PolyGrid documentation under the entry for the MESSAGE "headerClick" and under the entry to the PROPERTY "text" (and in 'the text of me')

The example code only sort the visible rows as "the text of widget X" returns the data of PolyGrid X as tab delimited, WITHOUT the column headers, but ONLY the visible rows.

I'm using (I think) the latest version (com.livecode.widget.polygrid.1.1.1) and I don't see that problem at all.

Okay, a widget ignorant question: How do you tell what version of a widget you have installed? (i.e where/how do you see com.livecode.widget.polygrid.1.1.1)

Never mind. It is in the file name, com.livecode.widget.polygrid.1.1.1.lce

Also, FYI, regarding you note that:

Both "the text and "the pgtext" return the entire grid (without headers).

I haven't tried csvdata or tsvdata (they're not listed in the dictionary, so I'd tend to avoid them if possible.

Under the dictionary entry for "polygrid", I see the csvData and tsvData properties listed. The "text" property and the pgData property, but NO entry for pgText. It would appear, if the .lce file name is correct, that I am at the same version, 1.1.1. I am on Windows 10, under LC 9.6.8