Jbv.

"Every ten lines"???

Is your handler using a loop to massage each of those lines? If so update the
scrollbar every 10 passes through.

So if you are using “repeat with…” you can do something like:

repeat with y = 1 to whatever
  if y mod 10 = 0 then updateYourThingie

And if you are using “repeat for” then you must add your own counter:

repeat for each line tLine in yourText
add 1 to counter
if counter mod 10 = 0 then updateYourThingie

Craig