Hi Richard,

Thanks for the better example code.

When I copy colored text or bold faced text
from TextEdit and pasted it into the box it
doesn’t carry over.

Of course if I copy the one sample line you
provided that copies fine and renders fine.

I also tried creating some text with bold
and colored text using LibreOffice Write.
It copied and pasted just fine.  The
rendering was correct but it put in a
little more space between the lines
for some reason.  Perhaps I was
using a strange font or something.

The apostrophe problem went away too.

I will have to do some more research with this.
I’m not sure I can tell my users to all use
LibreOffice Write when composing messages.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Rick