I'm trying to track down an obscure crashing bug in a widget.

With thanks to Mikey for https://github.com/macMikey/LCB-missing-manual/wiki/debugging, I've mostly been able to get by using 'log' as my primary debugging method, for all my simple scripting errors.

However in this case the problem is that under certain circumstances LiveCode/the widget hangs when new data is set. In this case (I'm reasonably certain) the log messages that are issued are never reported. The standard things seems to be that messages sent by 'log' are buffered, and reported when idle.

Are there any tips for putting out debugging info from a widget that can either be displayed/reported _immediately_ in LiveCode, or to some other app so that I can get them up to the point that it hangs?

TIA, Ben