On 6/4/2023 2:35 PM, Andrew Meit via use-livecode wrote:
I am seeking a widget or live script code to translate a single word or at most
256 chrs text from within a stack.
I think there is or was Google api livecode could use to talk with the Google
translator server via scripting.
My ideal use: while moving the cursor over and clicking text the mousetext can
be sent to Google and return the translation.
Anyone have a sample stack to share?
Thanks, Andrew

I poked around at this a little bit out of curiosity. The URL to translate.google.com has parameters to perform the translation (in and out language codes, word to translate). However, the resulting page returned does not appear to contain the translated work, but instead contains lots of javascript to fetch the translations (hard to tell), but parsing teh returned page may be difficlt, if not impossible.

To use the Google Translate API's requires an account with Google Cloud and there are charges. The first (large number) of words translated are free, but at larger tiers, your are charged. Search for "Google Translate API" for more details.