On 7/13/23 2:58 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
On 7/13/23 1:18 PM, Mark Smith via use-livecode wrote:
Hi Paul, try “the selectedText".

Whaddya know...it works!

Another way is to turn off traversalOn in the button. That prevents the focus
from changing.

Actually, I've been trying different button and field settings and no matter what I do, the selection doesn't go away It doesn't matter if I click a button or directly on the card. I'm not sure what changed because it didn't used to be that way.

LC 9.6.9.