Rick Harrison wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2023, at 11:38 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>
>> The project is open source, so you can also host it yourself:
>>
>> https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/main/docs/INSTALL-cloud.md
>

> Thanks for the additional information.
>
> If I host it myself do I pay anything, or it is free?

It's free as in both freedom and beer.

From the COPYRIGHT.md file in the archive I linked to above:

    This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
    modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
    as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version
    2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

That said, I'm sure they don't mind contributions to the project, in code or cash.

--
Richard Gaskin
Fourth World Systems