Thanks Ralph I figured as much. It’s actually not difficult to recreate from
scratch if the structure, header and footer is known. The trouble is the
fields. If I had a list of form controls for a given form, I could create one
from scratch easily enough.

The fillable forms have to be saved with an open file action to autofill, and
if someone can do that, I suppose they already have the ability to export the
fdf file using the javascript console in Acrobat Pro.

Bob S