I am trying to create a field on mobile (iOS and Android) that will format a
phone number as your type (client request).  I am able to do this on iOS as the
command: mobileControlSet "phoneNumber","text",pText puts the cursor AFTER the
text so the user can simply continue typing.  But, on Android, the cursor is
placed at the beginning of the text after the mobileControlSet command is
called.   Is there a way to set the position of the cursor on a native mobile
text field?

I did notice that the Android Native Field widget has a selectedRange property.
 Can I use this property on a native Android control?  And, can I set the
selectedRange to “16,15” to set the cursor location, not select text?

Why not just use the Android Native Field widget, you ask?   I will if I have
to… but I prefer to use the native control as it is cross-platform and I don’t
need to case out for which platform we’re on.  You would need to create the
control and hide the widget for iOS and show the widget for Android.  I’ll also
have to case out the setting  and getting of the text as they have different
methods.  I’ll do this if I have to, but I’d rather have a single code set and
not have to manage/update separate methods.   I would use the standard LC
field, but client wants the standard hold->popupMenu->paste command to work.

Any thoughts or ideas?

-Dan