Taking another kick at the cat here.  I’d like to use something like

        get url (http://[time server address])

to grab the current date and time from an official time server.  This would be
used in a LiveCode standalone distributed to collaborators and grad students
who would use it to export time-sensitive data.  I want the data to be date-
and time-stamped, and I cannot count on their computer clocks being accurate.

I suppose an alternative would be to get the creation date and time of the file
once it is received via FTP (or better still, SFTP) use the the server date and
time as the standard.

Anyone?  Please?

Regards,

Gregory