Did you try using the full path to the image when setting the icon by name in the message box?

What I've done in the past is adding 20 or 50 in front of the image ID which makes it a number in the thousands, so icon 1243 becomes 501243. That allows you to use the inspector, though everything created after that will have IDs in the 50 thousands.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jac...@hyperactivesw.com