Hi all,

I am currently working with the revSpeak library (needs to be
crossplatform Mac and Win) and facing serious problems.

I have a field with all available voices, that I fill with:
on mouseUp
   put revSpeechVoices() into tVoices
   sort tVoices
   put textdecode(tVoices,"utf8") into fld "fi_voices"
end mouseUp
textdecode is neccessary to preserve UMLAUTS like in:
Sandy (Französisch (Kanada))
## Sandy (French, Canada))

Now all the french voices do NOT work!
I tried:
----------------------
revSetSpeechVoice tVoice
## Where tVoice of course contains the above mentioned voice
----------------------

I even tried:
----------------------
put textencode(tVoice,"native") into tVoice2
revSetSpeechVoice tVoice2
No dice, always reverts back to the "default" voice on my Mac.

Anything I am overlooking or is this a bug?
Did not find anthing in the "Quality center".

Any hint very welcome, thanks!

Best

Klaus
--