Thanks for this. We had a quick chat internally and actually we're happy for
Create questions to be posted either here or on the forum. However please post
bug reports only on the forums as that is where the developers hang out.

1. At present you can "almost" do this by sharing log in details. Doing this
better with multiple log-ins per account has been very much part of the road
map from the start. We're really excited about this aspect of things actually,
we can see a whole class of apps where people choose to distribute them inside
the IDE instead of deploying. As we start to implement this properly we may
begin by just being as granular as locking one layout at a time. As things
evolve we're looking at developing this to the point where you can do better
real time sharing, versioning, code reviews etc.

2. We don't yet have a plugins system in Cloud, however it will be coming soon.
There is a real opportunity to make it super easy to share and import
components. A marketplace is one way to do this. Allowing a searchable
repository of shared script steps and templates (within those IDE features) is
another. We're also considering things like whether or not we want to allow
attribution (small company logo and a link) if you share a script step. So if
you're a consulting service you would get your website in front of people while
simultaneously looking useful & knowledgeable to prospects, right from within
the IDE.

3. This is essentially similar to the multi-user question. If you grant access
to a support account to come in we would be able to do that, obviously if you
don't do so then we couldn't.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ ke...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Build Amazing Things

On 16/08/2024, 10:19, "use-livecode on behalf of Andreas Bergendal via
use-livecode" <use-livecode-boun...@lists.runrev.com
<mailto:use-livecode-boun...@lists.runrev.com> on behalf of
use-livecode@lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

I have some questions to LC HQ on aspects of LC Create Cloud that I believe
have not yet been discussed at all (unless I’ve missed something).

1) If several developers want to cooperate, is it then possible for multiple
users to log in to the same project in LC Create Cloud? And if not possible now
from the start, is it something that’s on the road map?

2) Even if I’m a lone developer, I may want to make use of the work of others,
like we've done so extensively in LC Classic. How can plugin stacks and helper
tools made by others be implemented or accessed in my LC Create Cloud project?
If I can’t have more than one stack open at the same time, it seems difficult
to use such things.

Related to that, can I have my own "script repository” where I store
script-only stacks or something, which all my projects can make calls to? Could
I even share that repository so other developers can make calls to it?

Wouldn’t it be very interesting if many general utility scripts could be made
available in a similar way to how e.g. Python works, where you put ”import
[library]” at the top of a script, and all the modules/handlers can then be
accessed by the script?

All this can of course be done already in the sense that you can fetch any LC
stack that’s been made available on a server and ”start using” it. But I think
LC Create Cloud has the potential to offer such a feature in a more secure an
accessible way - to everyone! Is this something you have considered?

3) Regardless of whether "multiple users per account" functionality will be
there or not - will LC support staff be able to more easily provide support in
LC Create Cloud by accessing projects (at the user’s request) and trouble-shoot
or obtain bug documentation? I imagine it should facilitate things in that
respect.

/Andreas