On 09/07/2011 04:27 AM, Timothy Miller wrote:
"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?"

The 'wherefore' here means "why?" rather than "where?"

What Juliet is asking, in allusion to the feud between her Capulet family and
Romeo's Montague clan, is 'Romeo, why are you a Montague?'.

Give me "Richard II" any day. Mind you, I've always fancied myself as Mercutio . . . :)

Tim