yes. on closeField. However be aware that clicking a button before tabbing out
of the field will NOT send a closeField to an edited field. Someone sent me a
workaround for that, but I cannot find it right now. I am sure it is in the
archives. Note that exitField is sent when a field loses focus, whether any
edits were made or not. CloseField only gets sent when the field has been
edited.

I will say that validations on leaving a field can be dicey. Let's say a field
contains the value "Bears". Later you create a validation that only allows a
subset of dog breeds, and you validate upon exit whether or not anything has
changed. Empty is not a valid entry. You will end up locking your user into the
field and the only way out is to enter a random dog breed that may not apply,
but is the only way out.

I would only use what I call mid-validations (as opposed to pre-validations to
precheck and format data before putting it into a field or post-validations to
pre-check or format data before writing it to a database) to do things like
phone number formatting, zip code formatting, upper and title case formatting
etc. Nothing that will halt the user and demand he do something different. Just
my 2ยข

Bob