On 11/1/11 11:06 AM, Chris Sheffield wrote:
Unfortunately that didn't work. I did try setting the width of the
text field to the formattedWidth, which seems to help, but I've still
got the shifting going on sometimes. It's almost as if by changing
the color of a chunk it's causing the field to wrap its text
differently. Very strange.

Any other suggestions?

It sounds like setting a text color widens the text slightly. That would cause a rewrap. If your default color is black, I wonder if you could fudge it by changing the default color to something that is a tiny increment different. Instead of black, try "1,0,0". The engine would see this as a "color" instead of the default and might retain its colorized width. The difference to the human eye would be imperceptible.

Just a guess but maybe worth a try.