Scott Rossi wrote:
But isn't this is only an issue if the stack is saved?  Don't IDs start
numbering themselves from the last saved state of the stack?  Assuming your
data isn't saved in the stack with the data grid, it doesn't seem like ID
numbers would be an issue (unless I'm missing something).

Correct: if you don't save, the next session begins with whatever the last saved ID was.

I have an app I've been working on here off and on for a couple years which uses two dataGrids, and the ID count is up to about half a million. As we get more change orders we'll keep working with it, increasing the ID count by the thousands every time we do.

I can imagine some projects where it may be possible to exceed the limit. No many, but some.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World