Roger Eller wrote:

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:23 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

I had set aside playing video on Linux because of an annoying rendering
anomaly and I didn't really need it at the time.  Now I went back to try
it again, and I can't even get videos to play at all, even after setting
the videoclipplayer to mplayer, smplayer, and vlc.

How are you playing videos on Linux?

Are you able to do it at all?

Are videos playing for you OUTSIDE of LiveCode (with mPlayer or VLC)?  If
not, you probably don't have the non-free codecs installed.

Thanks for the reminder, but I'm an Ubuntu fanboy - the first thing I do after any install is download the "restricted extras". :)

I've been testing with a wide range of formats, from ogg to WMV, AVI to MPEG and more, and all of them play well with both the default player in Ubuntu 11.10 and VLC.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World