> Ken, yes, I am locking the screen before the updating the chart.   I don't
> know anything about the layer mode so I guess I need to learn more about
> that.

> Ken, when using the Dynamic Layer mode am I correct to assume that all of the
> objects including groups need to have the property mode set to dynamic.   In
> my case I am not really moving the objects but instead changing their color.
>  Movement is possible but not expected to be a common occurrence.

If you're not moving them, then you shouldn't need to use dynamic layering.

> I have always been a bit confused about when and when not to use the touch
> handlers as opposed to the mouse.   Is it safe to say that you should stick
> with the mouse handlers unless you are interested in detecting multiple touch
> events?   And I am in fact using them both so I need to fix that.   Any idea
> why the frequency difference between the touch and mouse?  I would have
> expected them to be the same.

I don't know why the frequency is different, but in general, my rule of thumb
is this:

- If you don't care about multi-touch, use mouse events for everything but
mouseMove/touchMove.
- Pick either touchMove or mouseMove and if you have any problems with it, try
using the other.

I haven't exactly identified when the best time to use one or the other is,
with the exception of a project I was working on where I was needing to drag
something and update a field with the "location" of the dragged object - when I
did it with touchMove it was a little less responsive than with mouseMove.

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: k...@sonsothunder.com