On 02/16/2012 11:19 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
Richmond wrote:

I wonder what is going to happen, when, at last, Apple hits "system 11"
. . . will there be any cats left?

Of course 'Slugworth' (pace Charlie and the Chocolate Factory), aka
Shuttleworth, nicked "Ocelot" while the late
Steve Jobs (may his socks be forever adored, may his manic-depressive
mood-swings be forever overlooked)
was looking the other way.

Since you mentioned Mr. Shuttleworth in this OS X 10.8 thread, please forgive this moment of fanboyism:

However; remember that Mr Slugworth (played by Gunter Meissner, with the wonderful craggy face) was really workng for
Willy Wonka (played by Gene Wilder) all the time.

3 Features New to OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion That Ubuntu Already Has
<http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/02/mountain-lion-features-ubuntu/>

I assure you my increasing love for Ubuntu and disenchantment with the way Mac is going is not dictated by the fact that
I cannot afford a new Mac.

I am happy with my PPC mini, running 10.4; and would, if I could, get a Mac running 10.5. But after that I think things began to go wonky
(rather than 'Wonka').

I do NOT really like Unity; so run Ubuntu 12.04 with Avant Window Navigator doing 90% of the work the old GNOME 2 panel did.

I have got the Launcher 'thing' (almost as bad as the Mac system 7 launcher) out of the way as best I can by setting it to hide via
dconf editor.

Livecode runs like a charm.

:)

--